The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: JP's flies step by step...for beginners.

Very interesting, like a maggot or something, though I can also see it being taken as a minnow if the fish doesn't take a close look I guess you can't argue with success though! I'll have to try it

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

It must be pertty good if it will out-fish the Batistou Special!

I've always wondered how the BS would do as a white fly (white foam and a light hackle; maybe a light ginger............)

Nice pattern there, J-P!

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 11-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys for bringing this thread back up, I was going to try searching for it as I want to tie some more of JP's flies this winter.

Larry

Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Focus on the BS pattern, Larry.

I couldn't believe how productive that fly was when I fished it with J-P in France a couple of years ago; great for trout, chubs and dace (as you'll undoubtedly find out next Spring!).

Pocono
Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

The HMB....The High Mountain Bug.
this fly is very easy to tie and very effective in little mountain streams...browns ,bows and specially brookies love it.You can use black, dark grey or grizzly hackles to tie it on a 16 or 14 hook.As for the "signal" wing fluo orange or green parapost is OK.
Materials.
Click the image to open in full size.
1 fix three peacock herls.
2make the body and fix the parapost fibers.
3cut the fibers and fix your hackle.
4turn the hackle,finish your fly....that's all folks
PS...I put a drop of superglue ....on the head.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sounds very effective JP! I'm hoping to be over your way soon enough, maybe next summer!
jpbfly likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Sounds very effective JP! I'm hoping to be over your way soon enough, maybe next summer!
You'll be welcome AJ
Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JP: Very nicely done, thanks for sharing!
I could have used that fly last month when I was hunting Wyoming Cutthroat in the high country.

Larry