The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 10:09 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default First Large Dry Fly of the Year

Hi Guys this is my first Dry fly of the year this is where I find out how rusty I am.....Looks like I am a little Rusty But there will be more I Promise .......Talk to some of you later.....

FlySlinger

Click the image to open in full size.

jpbfly, futuramille and madjoni like this.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: First Large Dry Fly of the Year

That's a beautiful tie, FlySlinger! Is the body biot? The dark barring on the body goes well with the barring on the hackle, looks very buggy!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice looking Catskill tye there, Fly Slinger!

Nothing rusty about that one in my book; wings look even, as does the hackle, body is smooth and segmented, tail looks right to keep it upright in the water, etc., etc.

Bring on some more................

Pocono
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 AM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
That's a beautiful tie, FlySlinger! Is the body biot? The dark barring on the body goes well with the barring on the hackle, looks very buggy!
Hi gatortransplant;383320 no it is not Biot it is Peacock herl iit can have some nice results if you apply it right can't it....You know what they say matererials are every thing......

Fly slinger
Old 01-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

FlySlinger: Wow, that is a nice looking dry fly, I especially like the looks of the body.

Larry
Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done great Flysinger, wished my best looked as good as your rusty stuff.

Dave
Old 01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful fly....looks like you're not rusty at all
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26 PM

rockhunter is on a distinguished road

very nice great looking fly
Old 02-05-2012, 05:39 AM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

what size hook?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:39 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

FlySlinger, once you shake this so-called rust from your hands (I don't see any based on that tie ) would you mind doing a Step-by-Step? I'm intrigued, particularly by the materials used! The peacock herl part has me a bit confused, largely because the color. Then does it have a head cement coat over the abdomen to give it that gloss?

Either way, I really like the fly and I'd love to attempt to replicate it!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...