The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default This is for you guys that love Dry Flys this is my own pattern

Hi guys I kinda thought this March brown pattern up for a Friend in this Club....I Think it will score....What do you think... So I hope you guys like it & I hope you like Dry Flys....

FlySlinger

Click the image to open in full size.

futuramille and stimulator2 like this.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:25 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: This is for you guys that love Dry Flys this is my own pattern

Let the fish be the judge, thats what a guide told me once. Looks good other than it looks like it should have been tied a little more forward. Let us know if it works.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Dude, that thing is pretty.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:49 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
Let the fish be the judge, thats what a guide told me once. Looks good other than it looks like it should have been tied a little more forward. Let us know if it works.
Hi The Reason It Is Tied The Way it ... Is Because it is a Catskill Type Fly...That is why the Bare place is left in the shank....This allows for a special type of knot to be placed there...

FlySlinger

Very nice. Those examples certainly have the classic look of Cross's dry flies, with bare shank behind the eye of the hook to receive a Turle knot

Last edited by FlySlinger; 02-12-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

It will score ,no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySlinger View Post
Hi The Reason It Is Tied The Way it ... Is Because it is a Catskill Type Fly...That is why the Bare place is left in the shank....This allows for a special type of knot to be placed there...

FlySlinger
That is part of fly I dont like
Old 02-12-2012, 05:06 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

All these dries have me wanting to fish them, just gotta get some steelhead to rise for dries

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

It's a nice little Fly which will catch Fish one I will also try when I dye some Duck Feathers,It will come in handy on a Mayfly Hatch on a # 12 Hook.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 02-12-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:45 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Another beauty, FS!

Love your classic Catskill dries.

Pocono
Old 02-13-2012, 12:03 AM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

-Very nicely done and very beautiful flies.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySlinger View Post

FlySlinger

Very nice. Those examples certainly have the classic look of Cross's dry flies, with bare shank behind the eye of the hook to receive a Turle knot
I learned something new. Didn't know that. Now what is a turle knot? I know I can google it but tie it on a show us.