The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kelkay
  • 1 Post By kelkay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default David Mac streamer

Click the image to open in full size.

Hook-Mustad L87 size 2 (any streamer hook of your choice)
Tail- Peacock Swords
Tag-Flat Silver Mylar Tinsel
Body-Copper Flat Mylar Tinsel(back half of body), Soldier Blue floss front half by eye (or light blue sub)
Rib-Oval Silver Tinsel
Throat-Chartreuse Schlappen or hackle fibers
Wing-Olive, Chartreuse, Silver Doctor Blue hackle
Shoulder- Lady Amherst Pheasant gold tipped emerald body feather
Eye- Jungle Cock
madjoni and wt bash like this.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: David Mac streamer

Looks to me that someone put some real effort to make this fly
Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly: Wow, that is just awesome work, congrats!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:32 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

You got that right. I did my absolute best here trying to tie the fly to the utmost of my ability.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Thank you Larry!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:11 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Very cool feather wing Kelly!!! I like seeing the Amherst in there
Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful job Kelly.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:52 PM

Glad you liked it guys. Here is one that won't be fished. I was just trying out different looks. This one is not meant for fishing. The original fly I posted here was.

Click the image to open in full size.
madjoni likes this.