The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frog

Here is the ingredients for the Foam Frog

Click the image to open in full size.

Spray on Glue
Bass Bug wide gap hook
Closed Cell foam cut like in the picture
Foam Tube
Rubber Leg material (three stuck together)
Doll Eyes
Mono for Weed Guard.
Clothes pin to hold

Attach mono at back of hook for weed guard. I used two, but can use one

Attach Rubber legs. Tie knot in ends and separate ends for toes

Fold cut foam in half and poke a hole for the eye of the hook.

Spray glue on inside of foam and place arms (knoted like legs but half as long) and foam tubeat the bend.

Let stand and get tacky then fold over pushing foam tube up in the fold. I use a clothes pin to hold because of the perfect shape. Secure the tail end at the bend with thread

Glue on doll eyes and secure mono for the weed guard at the eye

Use paint or waterproof marker to color

Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frog

WOW Joni! Awesome, thanks for the SBS (SBS =step by step)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

thank you very much i cant wait to tie up one of these.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Outstanding, Joni! Your SBS makes that tie look so easy to follow!

Between this and a bass streamer pattern that Peregrines shared with me earlier today, it looks like another shopping trip for materials is in my near future!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni: Another great pattern! Wow, you make that look so easy!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Cool amphibian ! Gotta tie some of these . Thanks for the easy step by step. RIBBIT!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Simple but good-looking and presumably very effective! Going to have to try these out!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold

hmmmmm...... I have green foam and green centipede legs. Looks like I will tying up a new frog tonight!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:20 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Nice top water frog pattern and awesome SBS Joni. Thanks for this one!!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Joni

Thanks for another nice pattern and the step by step. Really looks great!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures