The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough
Default Yarn Shrimp Pattern

The other day I was getting ready for a weekend saltwater fishing trip and looked through my tying materials. I found a ton of yarn and decided to design a yarn shrimp, so here it is. It has a great jigging action and the yarn acts perfectly in the water. Ended up ditching the fly rod after breaking my reel but Im sure it will catch some fish. Sorry for the bad picture, dont have a good setup yet. Im happy to make a write-up if anyone is so impressed.

Click the image to open in full size.

Anyway, I enjoyed fishing it along with a few clousers in my futile attempt to coax a few redfish to bite.

Enjoy

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:55 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yarn Shrimp Pattern

Looks like a good fly, has all the things a good saltwater shrimp pattern should have that ive seen in books and magazines. But that's coming from a person who's only been to the ocean Once and decided to drink some of it to see how salty it actually was.

I wonder how some of these shrimp flies would work for carp though....

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Very nice looking tye....I think it might interest some of those freshwater "Golden Bones"... I don't think you'd hear many complaints if you did a S x S...

Dan
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the complements yall, Ill do a writeup when I get the chance, I need to tie a few more at some point anyway.

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work, it should do really well!