The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By cicvara

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 AM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold
Default Flymph badger

-hook:varivas 14-12
-tail:brown hen&mallard
-ribed:kristal flesh
-abdomen:muskrat cream
-hackle&toraks:hen badger & brown muskrat in split thread and wrapped together

Click the image to open in full size.
jpbfly, wt bash and stenacron like this.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flymph badger

WOW that would be deadly hanging in the film.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

That IS a beauty Rasevic....sure fish will love it
Old 07-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Rasevic: Another awesome fly pattern! I'm sure that will be a great pattern to have in your fly box.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

That's a really good looking fly cicvara!

Regarding the recipe though; is that rib really Krystal Flash? It looks more like Flashabou (pearl).

By the way (for others) - I wouldn't recommend Googling kristal flesh as written above!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post

Regarding the recipe though; is that rib really Krystal Flash? It looks more like Flashabou (pearl).

By the way (for others) - I wouldn't recommend Googling kristal flesh as written above!

Look close and you can see the barber poll curl in it.

I use CF for ribs on dries a lot. (I don't understand using wire to rib a dry fly) and as you wrap it can start to flatten out a bit.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:38 AM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post

-You are right it is a crystal pearl, we did not know what they say. Otherwise I use the crystal flash to the ribs, and he does not lack anything.