The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 03:42 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default The Sunburst Dabbler

Here is one specially for Hugh Rosen

Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 AM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Sunburst Dabbler

Laurie:

Brilliant! Great pattern and amazingly sparse dimensions for so many ingredients. Lots of triggers there! I'll have to try some once I get back from Montana.

Thanks for posting the video

ATB

Hugh
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Laurie: Brilliant work, you are definitely the master! I love to watch your tying videos, they just show how skilled you have become.

Larry
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

That has winter steelhead written all over it! Low, clear, and cold that will defiitely move some fish!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

This is another spectacular pattern from you Laurie! I just need to start stocking up on some of these materials you use that I don't have. My favorite part, as usual, is your technique of using folded slips and spinning them on, something I don't see very often. Yet another pattern of yours I will be tying for steelhead!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys
Hi Hugh great speaking to you today Skype is a brilliant way of keeping in touch by the way hope you like the little extra present in the goody bag when it arrives
Old 08-13-2012, 12:02 AM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

For all those interested in tying, the cloaking technique here is amazing - strongly agree with gatortransplant. It has transformed my enjoyment of tying dabblers.
I know what my tying plans will be over the winter....

Hugh

Hugh
Old 08-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Thanks guys
made a decision to produce tutorial videos, nearly finished the dvd of the Irish bumbles.
going to be doing a series of tutorial videos this year
Irish Bumbles
Irish Dabblers
Irish Mayflies
Irish wet flies
Wire woven patterns
10 fly patterns per video
May as well make the best of my time with something useful