The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default A few patterns for Argentina

Spent the day doing up a few patterns for a friend of mine who is going to Argentina
Hook size 6 single salmon, what i do is put a cone head on it then run lead wire down the hook. to keep the cone head and wire fixed securely i put a drop of resin into the cone head and hey presto it is all glued in and will not move, plus it gives a bit more weight to the fly

Tangerine dream
Click the image to open in full size.

yellow wing

polar

mcnerney and Guest1 like this.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few patterns for Argentina

Great looking flies!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:17 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice flies and neat idea with the conehead/lead/resin on the single salmon hooks.

Pocono
Old 09-30-2012, 03:43 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Very cool! Probably excellent for Steelhead too!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Laurie: Beautiful work as always!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

My Angling buddy Stevie Munn is taking a few to B.C Tuesday to field test so i should have the results in a fortnight and if they are successful i am going to get a stock done up for the site.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:00 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that they will be successful.

Here's an obtuse question for you (it's early in the morning and I'm not fully with the program yet........)

What's the origin of the term fortnight?

I think it refers to a two week period. Is is a contraction of fourteen nights?

Pocono
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 AM

Pocono
you are right, it means 2 weeks,apparently it goes back to the 12 century meaning 14 nights in olde English. i never thought of it before. It is strange as you have now started me on a path to look at some of our sayings and try to find the origins of them.
This could be a good laugh for the forum to get the guys and Gals to come forward with unusual words and their origins.
The 2 best sayings over here in Ireland are:

Buck eejit

Gnaw ugly

see if you can figure out what these mean
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Laurie, Those are beautiful flies, however, if I may propose, tying one like your "Polar" in the more subdued colors of the prevalent, native, sub-surface food organism, the Pancora, might be absolutely killer.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Laurie, awesome flies as usual, I'm sure the Argentinian trout will love them. I can see polar gathering some interest from the steelhead in my area as well...

Wow S&S that thing is ugly, might call for a sw hook to match its size!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...