The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By morayflyfisher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 AM

morayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the rough
Default One inspired by Ard

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was inspired by Ard in another thread.Dont normally tie big streamer patterns ,as you can tell,but Ards post inspired me to have a wee play at the vice with them.
wt bash likes this.

www.morayflyfishing.co.uk
Old 11-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One inspired by Ard

Kevin: After seeing your streamer it is hard to believe that you don't tie them all the time, very nice work!

Larry

Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 AM

morayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the rough

I have to admit Larry I rushed this a little not happy with the head on it.

We use alot of lure patterns which would be classed as streamers I suppose,some you just churn out and I like the art in a fly and seeing a nice result at the end.,Thankyou for your compliment and like Ards inspired me,I hope it helps others out.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Wonderful Kevin,

The idea is exactly that; to inspire others to give these flies a whirl. You'll find that the tying will become easier with each go at the vise. You may be about to become a streamer fisherman. I hope that fly lands you a beauty,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Thanks Ard

Im going to give it away to a young lad who has just started fishing and see how he does with it.Hopefully it will catch for him.