The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default got my new hooks

I got my new emerger hooks in today 26,000 in total,that should keep me going for a while.
So straight to the vice to try them out an knocked out a few sample patterns to work on
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got my new hooks

Laurie: Beautiful work as always! 26,000 hooks will definitely keep you out of trouble.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

how much does 26,000 hooks run these days?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:29 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

The cost was not that much really.
I got them in sizes 12,14 and 16
8000 of each size,so I put them on my web site they work out around £5.00 sterling per 100 a whole lot cheaper than the shop prices.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

$8/100 is a great price for good quality hooks.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

laurie, i looked at your site and you tie some beautiful flies
those 26,000 hooks will certainly be put to good use

casey

ARFE
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: got my new hooks

Those ties are SWEET!

fae
Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

x2, beautiful flies! I'm glad to hear you're selling some of those hooks! I was going to ask how long it takes to you use that many. Thanks for posting the pictures, I enjoy seeing the flies you tie. They are inspiring.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM

Starting to dye up the moose hair to experiment with a few new designs
Pocono, madjoni and williamhj like this.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

26,000 hooks....................

Those last 3 patterns look deadly to me, Laurie. And the dyed moose mane looks good.

Pocono