The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hatching olive and SBS on Strpping Quills

His name is
William Heckel from Chicago he is a senior fly dressing instructor with the FFF
If you check their web site you should get his details
Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Thanks Laurie ,I am just curious and I dont want to investigate that like detective or something
I use this material and center quills from other birds for a long long time.I put some flies on few forums while ago.
Natural shade and shine nothing artificial cant beat in my book and my version of hatching olive with same body is on picture bellow.Since we are at olives ,here is tip if you dont mind,nothing in nature is similar to body segmentation of olives like center quill of rock partridge from wing big feathers

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-18-2012, 03:42 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Madjoni:

What is the rock partridge? Is it the one with the barred fearhers that we call English or Hungarian in the US.....?

Thanks

Hugh
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

HI Hugh,

That is our native partridge that lives along with other species of partridges that we call Field partridge .Field partridge you guys totally false know as Hungarian or English partridge
Here is link for Rock partridge and one of my favorite game to hunt

http://www.google.me/url?sa=t&rct=j&...2pnhIo_lL2RGtQ
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 PM

la_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of lightla_jolla1 is a glorious beacon of light

Very similar to the chukar in Texas - nice skin!!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

very nice pattern
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 AM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about

I Like this Technique I will have to Investigate this some time in the near Future.........

FlySlinger
Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 PM

joebillingsley is on a distinguished road

Do you find them more natural looking than stripped peacock quills or stripped hackle stems?

Joe