The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By silvertip8k

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 AM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default when I grow up....meet the hendriksons part 2

OK...here is our little friend when he grows up...ready to take flight into the world...I used the same body and tail as in the nymph...I did tie a few less segments...boy are they a pain...you have to be careful not to cinch the closing knot too hard...I snipped one off!

I used the same dyed mllard flank for the wings... I dyed some with an alcohol based stain from a waterfowling harvest...seems to work fine even after getting wet...I also added a rooster hackle sort of brownish for the finish...

Click the image to open in full size.

and I did pitch it some too...floats nicely...stood erect a few times so perfect!!...talk about a proud Dad...LOL...

Click the image to open in full size.

the 6 foot 4 weight was a good call...super soft presentation...

all the best...ted
stenacron likes this.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: when I grow up....meet the hendriksons part 2

Of what I can see it looks nice but the background sorta hides the fly

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Mr Flytyer...maybe dont look at anything but the fly...its pretty simple...just a basic dry fly pattern...the hackle could be a bit shorter...but its what I have...it will catch fish...I don't mean to be smart...but I get sick of the" in the vise" photos...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ted: Nice work, congrats! I know what you mean the "in the vise" photos get a little old after awhile so seeing something a little different is refreshing.