Recipe courtesy of Flityer
Tying Al's Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear
1. Tiemco 3761 size 8
2. 3/0 flat waxed or standard thread
3. Nontoxic .025 wire for weighted nymph
4. Tail Pheasant tail fibers
5. Ribbing med. flat gold tinsel
6. Body tan hares mask fur w/guards
7. Legs prepared partridge breast feather
8. Thorax gray hares mask fur w/ guards
9. Wingcase remaining pheasant tail fibers
Insert hook in vise start thread
Weight hook 5-8 turns of wire and tie in.
Tie in pheasant tail fibers.
Tie in gold tinsel
Spin tan hares mask dubbing tapered to create body.
Wrap gold tinsel up the body and fasten.
Prepare and tie in partridge breast feather.
Spin gray hares mask dubbing on thread and apply.
Pull partidge feather down and tie in and trim.
Pull down tie in remaining pheasant tale fibers for wingcase.
Trim pheasant tail and finish head apply head cement to head and wingcase.
Completed Al's Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear.
You can tie this fly weighted or unweighted and you may want to use dubbing wax to help your dubbing stick to your thread. When fly is complete apply head cement to head and wingcase to help hold the legs in place.