The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By laurie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 02:14 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default Dabblers

Did some more dabblers toady for my trip to England
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Kerry Pitt, jaybo41 and rubberguy like this.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dabblers

Cracking looking flies, one of my favourites. First one I tied a few years ago got me eleven fish I still have the fly, but it looks a bit battered.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Good looking flies, Laurie!

I'll bet the action on a dabbler in the water, on the strip, is very good at stimulating takes. I would think that a fast strip might me more effective than a slow one, due to the nature of the hackling.

Pocono
Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Your usual super looking ties Laurie! Those are wonderful ties.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:54 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys yes the fly is stripped fast through the wave,one the most effective patterns for the Irish loughs
Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Does anyone use the pattern and fishih it accordingly here in North America? If no, why not and well any other thoughts or opinions on the Dabblers. Nice flies and thank you for sharing!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.