The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By s fontinalis
  • 1 Post By baseman1
  • 1 Post By gatortransplant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 01:32 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Thunder and Lightning 1/0

PT version

Aint tied this one in about a year and half, when i'd just about started with classics, and the last version was woeful.

Wing a bit short, no herl for the head. Messed around with 5 herls before i got frustrated and just varnished it.
Also didnt have Jay long enough for the throat so i gave it the blue gallina treatment, which could also be a bit longer.
body hackle could also be a fraction shorter too..
Bump on the tag.

Hook is a vintage 1/0

Click the image to open in full size.

Just for fun, heres the one from last year!

Click the image to open in full size.
Hardyreels, fyshstykr and baseman1 like this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 09-28-2013, 12:42 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Re: Thunder and Lightning 1/0

Both look like they would fish well and look great.
s fontinalis likes this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 09-28-2013, 12:49 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

The improvement is amazing! And here I was thinking that one I saw a year ago was better than I can do. I KNOW the recent one is far better than I can do! Awesome job, Eunan.
s fontinalis likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-28-2013, 02:01 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with gator, although there is a clear resemblance between the earlier model and the current one, they almost look like they were tied by two different people.

Great looking tie, Eunan.

Pocono