The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By fishtooth
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By stimulator2
  • 1 Post By bigtel
  • 1 Post By williamhj
  • 1 Post By fishtooth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 PM

fishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the rough
Default A few drys I tied up last night

Here are a few dry flys I tied up tonight to replenish stock. I have them in many different colors

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few drys I tied up last night

Sweet looking dries, congrats on the nice tying job!

Larry
Hardyreels likes this.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Nice looking flies.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:32 AM

bigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the roughbigtel is a jewel in the rough

Beautiful flies.
They would slay fish on my local river system,in the north east of england

Terry
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi fishtooth,

Welcome to the forum,

This is your first post that I spotted, I sometimes miss new members but I'm glad I found this one. Very good proportioning and finish skills you have. I often look at the tiny dries displayed by our fly tiers and reminisce the years I spent creating my own.

I've been away from the places where dry fly fishing is a staple for a long time and although I've always tied streamer and salmon flies, they are about all I use now. So seeing everyone's flies here is a treat.

Nice work,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Nice dries and welcome to the forum. Rep coming your ways for those!
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 PM

fishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the rough

thanks everyone, I plan on sharing alot with everyone here
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:34 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Those look like very effective ties! I haven't tied many dries lately, though I will have to soon. Looking forward to seeing more, thanks fishtooth.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-15-2013, 03:11 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Those parachute emergers look like killers, nice job on the biot bodies and sparse calf tail posts, great ties.

And I am big fan of the Compara-dun as well. A great tip I read from Dave Hughes I believe it was (but maybe not) is to put a couple thread wraps into the deer hair wing as you go forward...so after the body is dubbed, pull back a third of the hair and wrap through it once, then pull back another third and wrap, then go to the head. It helps keep that little wing from leaning forward...a problem I always have with small Compara-duns.

I hope you keep sharing flies...I love looking at flies! My vise is packed away as I ready for a move and I know I'll be really ready to start tying a lot by the time I get set-up again.