The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By s fontinalis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Kendle 2/0

Two sides of pintail (should be teal) are from two different pairs feathers to give to different banding patterns. The lower sides i tied in to compensate for the empty space under the wing. The upper pair, i tied in as a roof.

I put a nice thick butt on this one, as i like them and i think the black from the herl balances nicely with the head.
Body is white floss, overwrapped with goldbeater skin, then '8 turns per inch' of gold tinsel, still mylar as i've no vintage stuff....which i'm sure would look infinitely better, but i worked with what i had.

in the wing i split up the blue, yellow and GP, with a slab of kori on top.

Tails are from a pale peach golden head i have....real flat and a nice soft yellow, perfect for this fly.

The blue turkey and hackles i dyed myself. Sky blue cushings perfection acid dye....

Perhaps the best wing setting i've ever achieved

Hook is a 2/0 Sunday style Limerick

For your enjoyment.

Eunan

Click the image to open in full size.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kendle 2/0

That pattern is really beautiful. I love that so many things can be going on at once and it looks like a single creation. Wonderfully tied as always. This one is truly a work of art.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eunan: You have outdone yourself on that fly, it is truly awesome! That wing looks so complicated yet beautiful, a real piece of art!

Larry

Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Absolutely magic in perfection. A true work of art.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:42 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Thanks fellas.

Addicted To Vise