The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 06:19 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold
Default Big Bad Stonefly

Did some "Jacklin Salmonfly" recently for the "deer hair swap" and carried the fly a step further into a nymph....

Hook: #4 3xl curved shank ring eye
Thread: Danville 3/0 orange
Tail: brown hackle tips
Body: brown mohair ribbed with black mono
Thorax:brown sclappen with lot's of black barbs and ginger ostrich herl over brown mohair
Head: dyed brown deer hair pulled back in a bullet head with brown rubber legs

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Bad Stonefly

Wow, those stoneflies are spectacular, I can just see a big old Brown chumping down on those flies! I really like the mohair look on the body.

Larry

Old 02-11-2014, 07:55 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Lefty Kreh says "give em the groceries"! That would qualify as groceries IMO!

Good looking fly!
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I would buy a dozen of those. Man you will be the guy with a bend in your rod during the Salmonfly hatch this spring

Nice work
mcnerney likes this.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all..

I'll post up a pic of Jacklin's Salmonfly I tied for the deer hair swap soon. I really like the looks of it. It's cool.

Bob Jacklin did a great job with his fly.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Online right in front of the screen silhouette.....
Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney, dean_mt and craigthor like this.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

NICE!!! I like those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 02-12-2014, 09:20 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

While I can normally figure out fly recipes from what I see why don't you post the recipe for all of us to use. I love this pattern!

Kelly.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:44 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Kelly, cold weather numbing your brain man?

The recipe was posted at the start of this thread.

mcnerney likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
Kelly, cold weather numbing your brain man?

The recipe was posted at the start of this thread.

Man, it must be. I clicked on the thread to read your reply when I saw the recipe posted at the top. No lie, the cold is taking it's toll...

Kelly.
bigjim5589 and mcnerney like this.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Man, it must be. I clicked on the thread to read your reply when I saw the recipe posted at the top. No lie, the cold is taking it's toll...

Kelly.
Yeah, I'm with you on that! We're supposed to get another good snow tonight. I have to go out & work in it! I really like cold weather, but am starting to think that winter should only be about a month long!
kglissmeyer1 likes this.