The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 8 Post By fishtooth
  • 1 Post By cochise
  • 1 Post By ia_trouter
  • 1 Post By ia_trouter
  • 2 Post By itchmesir

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 06:47 PM

fishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the rough
Default Some Big fly patterns for Big Fish

I LOVE these and have done VERY well with these patterns. I hammered a HUGE bulltrout in the Athabasca river last year on the red and black one

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Some Big fly patterns for Big Fish

Can I buy some?
fishtooth likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:07 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

SBS for a few of these would be great if you have time. Look like some fine multli-species patterns to me.

I'll tie a few nice ones for you Cochise if he'll post the recipe. Least I can do for all the grief I give you on the forum.
fishtooth likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:27 PM

fishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the roughfishtooth is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
SBS for a few of these would be great if you have time. Look like some fine multli-species patterns to me.

I'll tie a few nice ones for you Cochise if he'll post the recipe. Least I can do for all the grief I give you on the forum.
If you search my posts I did a step by step for one of these patterns, they are all pretty similar besides size and color and maybe the odd crystal flash added
Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

...Sexy!...
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtooth View Post
If you search my posts I did a step by step for one of these patterns, they are all pretty similar besides size and color and maybe the odd crystal flash added
I'll try to find it. I've checked out a number of fiies using fish skulls but the tyer has been vague on the size skull used. They are a little spendy to buy the wrong size. How long are the flies in your pics? I would like to tie some medium and some very large flies for species other than trout with them.
fishtooth likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
I'll try to find it. I've checked out a number of fiies using fish skulls but the tyer has been vague on the size skull used. They are a little spendy to buy the wrong size. How long are the flies in your pics? I would like to tie some medium and some very large flies for species other than trout with them.
Step-By-Step Articulated Sculpin
kayo and fishtooth like this.