The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 01:47 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default Dettes Isonychia Nymph by FlySlinger

I always loved the Dettes.....I Learned a lot From them and their Flys, as a Younger man...in Roscoe...When I went there to visit....

Please do something About this Web Site Accepting my my photo's every time I give you the the numbers We have to go through this....PLEASE help me

Flyslinger

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by mcnerney; 05-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dettes Isonychia Nymph by FlySlinger

FlySlinger: What photo hosting site are you using when posting photos?
Please realize that the forum does not allow you to upload a photo from your computer to a post on the forum due to virus issues.
Here is how I do it when using PhotoBucket, create an account and then upload your photo, then select view Library, then put your cursor over the photo you want to link and a small icon appears in the upper right corner of the photo, it looks like a small gear cog. Put your cursor on that icon and a drop down menu appears, select "Get Links". When that window opens select the last item in the list, I think it says "IMG Codes", click on the text and it will copy to your clipboard. Now go over to the post on the forum, clicck on the spot you want to photo to appear, then do a paste (CNTL-V).

Edit: I should have looked at your code on your post first, I see you are using PhotoBucket but not sure exactly what you are doing wrong, but the text is entering with and extra "http://" so it looks like this and won't work "http://http://..........". I deleted out the redundant "htto://" and now the photo appears correctly. I seem to recall I had to do this before, look at my instructions closely above and maybe you can figure out what you are doing incorrectly.

Old 05-10-2014, 03:45 PM

Hi Larry this is FlySlinger.Or Frank zervos..I don't seem to have this problem except on this one site...But if all I have to do is delete the extra http:// that sounds fine....But when I download from photobucket I believe I do the same way as you??
Old 05-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I have no idea why it is picking up the extra "http://" but that is the issue.

Larry

Old 05-10-2014, 04:31 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

This is bizarre when I use Photo bucket(regular or mobile version). When I look at the library I simply copy the image code and paste it. If while looking at the library I click/expand the phot to full size viewing simply click the image code, photo bucket automagically copies it, then paste here

I haven't picked up any extra http:// ever

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 05-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Very well tied Nymph there Frank!

This is the Photo Bucket instruction; Photo Bucket

This is the Post from Gallery Instruction; Gallery

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 05-10-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:29 PM

lv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nicelv2nymph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
This is bizarre when I use Photo bucket(regular or mobile version). When I look at the library I simply copy the image code and paste it. If while looking at the library I click/expand the phot to full size viewing simply click the image code, photo bucket automagically copies it, then paste here

I haven't picked up any extra http:// ever
Yep, I do the same. Very nice tie btw.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2nymph View Post
Yep, I do the same. Very nice tie btw.

No Kidding I Do The Same As lv2Nymph I can't Explain it... Wait a minute Do think if I Double Click To enlarge the Picture it will put that Extra http//: on THE Code When I Send it??? What do you think??

FlySlinger
Old 05-11-2014, 03:52 PM

flytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to beholdflytire is a splendid one to behold

You might get the extra http if you use the insert image icon, use the "direct" code from photobucket and you didn't delete the existing http from the insert image dialog box

Give it a test and see if that's it

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I don't know if you have looked at the link for posting tips for Photo Bucket I entered above or not. If you do you'll see that I took considerable effort in creating a step by step text guide to help people post their images here. Over the years since I wrote that it has helped everyone who read it.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;