The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 04:15 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Cree Terror

this is a style used more early season tied matuku style with a palmer hackle following the rib holding the wing down. they can be frustrating when you first try to tie them

Hook wet #12
Thread black
tail cree
wing cree
body silver foil
rib silver oval
body hackle and collar cree
head black

Click the image to open in full size.

seems like the new power shot takes a fair photo

Chris
Old 01-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cree Terror

Nice fly...nice pic too Chris
Old 01-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: That is a beautiful streamer, thanks!

Old 01-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

So good to see you are still with us Chris,

How are things down there? Nice tie too,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-20-2015, 05:41 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

+1 for good looking streamer.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:13 PM

troutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to alltroutnut4 is a name known to all

Chris, maybe a stupid question, but would this be a good brook trout pattern? Love the looks of your pattern. I have been waiting for a Cree order and should have it in the next couple of days and want to try that one.

Richard.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:18 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Nice looking pattern Chris! A bit "buggeresk" looking and anything that resembles a bugger should be productive.

I'll bet that would be a good pattern tied with furnace hackle too!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:49 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Thanks all
Troutnut4, unfortunately I know nothing of brook trout they are very rare in New Zealand.

Ard I've been well, I'm just starting to get some flies ready for next season. Life is finally starting to return back to a normal pace

Chris

Sent from my HUAWEI Y320-U10 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Bigjim, I think olive would be very productive to

Sent from my HUAWEI Y320-U10 using Tapatalk
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:24 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
Chris, maybe a stupid question, but would this be a good brook trout pattern? Love the looks of your pattern. I have been waiting for a Cree order and should have it in the next couple of days and want to try that one.

Richard.
I'm thinking that it would be an excellent Brookie fly but I'd go for a 16 hook size.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:22 PM

flytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud offlytire has much to be proud of

You mention a wing in the recipe. Is it on the fly?

YOUR way is not the ONLY way when tying flies!

Fly tyers can be masters of making things complicated!

You're only limited by lack of imagination. Be creative, experiment.

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/