The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 01:22 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Melted glue fly - again

The previous post with pictures from prosess melted glue have been lost in the cyberspace. So I have made a new one.

1. Dubb the body.
Click the image to open in full size.

2. Place a CDC feather in a magic tool and make a dubbing loop with your thread (or split the thread).

3. Remove the stem with a scissor and place the CDC feathers in a dubbing loop.

4. Twist the loop

5. Brush up the fly

6. Ready fly before the melted glue.

7. Melt the end of a gluestick with a lighter.

8. Take the gluestick from the head on the hook a the backwards. Take some of your spit from your mouth on your fingers and form the hot glue. You will burn your fingers if you use water, but if you use spit or beer you will not burn your fingers.

9. Finished fly

Trygve [/QUOTE]
Old 09-07-2010, 01:32 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: Melted glue fly - again

Hi there tob1
Nice SBS,well i dont like last photo that much....i think that glue work can be better
Old 09-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Trygve,

You are indeed an innovator, As you know I am a big fan of your flies and you continue to impress with your creativity.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Thanks Trygve,

That is such a great fly. We have missed you posting with your knock out flies.

Frank
Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Hi Trygve
Maybe I was rough before,that was not my intention if you get me that way.....I just want to say that i did thousands flies with hot glue(or hard silikon,same stuff) and I know that back can be much better....trick is to use less ticker stick....so first you make less ticker stick and than make back of that fly in one move