The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 01:17 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: River flies and streamers

I do like te zoo cougar, and I'd say you did a good job tying it, Mladen!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Very nice tying Mladenwhat kind of line do you use this fly with?
Thanks JP
I use floating line,Rio Gold #5 for everything ,that includes streamers ...
I dont have sinking line and I never even had it in my hands but I suppose that sinking lines are better for fishing streamers in deep water ....fortunately my favorite rivers are shallow

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I do like te zoo cougar, and I'd say you did a good job tying it, Mladen!
Thanks..
this is my first one and it is real easy to tie,but if this streamer happen to work here I think there will be many of them in all colors
Old 09-08-2011, 05:08 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Did you see the video of Kelly Galoup tying it? He really explains every single element of it, especially nice for a newbie like myself. I'm actually going to try and get a fly-tying lesson tomorrow, we'll see if any streamers are the result

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-10-2011, 04:10 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Did you see the video of Kelly Galoup tying it? He really explains every single element of it, especially nice for a newbie like myself. I'm actually going to try and get a fly-tying lesson tomorrow, we'll see if any streamers are the result
Yes I did and he is talking to much because I am not newbie
Tomorrow pass over ..so where is that streamers of yours ?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM

No luck, schedule got restricted so I'll have to wait to start tying ;(

Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
No luck, schedule got restricted so I'll have to wait to start tying ;(
Sorry,dont really can translate what you said but if that is about money you dont need much to start tying flies
Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 AM

Sorry Mladen, I ran out of time, not money this time.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry Mladen, I ran out of time, not money this time.
Ok....when you find time I am sure that everyone here would love to see your flies
Old 09-21-2011, 03:24 PM

One my friend from Vermont sand me some proper streamer hooks
I was happy as child yesterday and here is first of my messing on them

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice tying,

I had no idea you needed hooks,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;