The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 03:42 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: River flies and streamers

Thanks Ardy
I never had hooks this big,we dont have fly shops here,but anyway I have them enough now and I can say to big trout :be ware
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I have heard those hooks were nice, and I want to try them too. Nice fly by the way, I bet it is killer.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Thanks Kelly
Even the mustad is now made in China,I suppose like everything else ,this hooks just feel good and I cant wait to try them

In meanwhile I made another streamer on jig hook that will wait some heavy rain ....

back
Click the image to open in full size.

belly
Old 09-21-2011, 06:23 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Very nice fly once again. Yes, I just found out the newer Mustads are made in China, that is very disappointing news.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
Yes, I just found out the newer Mustads are made in China, that is very disappointing news.
Well,not necessarily Chinese are known for cheap and not that good stuff but many big and important companies make their products there ,with not losing on quality

Never the less,I prepared this small streamers for one stream full with rainbows

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-22-2011, 10:43 AM

wow, those are great, I bet the fish here would love that latest batch
Old 09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice streamers Mladen...guess rainbows will like them
Old 09-22-2011, 11:14 AM

Thanks guys
O rainbows love them ,and I love rainbows

Old 09-22-2011, 06:36 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I love the colors on that fish Mladen! Did you land it on one of your new streamers?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
I love the colors on that fish Mladen! Did you land it on one of your new streamers?
Thanks..
That rainbow are one of many that escaped from one upstream hatchery ...and they run away as babies so now they are healthy and strong fish but they will not be for long in this river.As soon as they mature they run to sea....sadly
I use one of my old favorites,this trout and 14 others in two hours came on this small fellow ,size 6

after I loose that one ,in surrounding trees ,I put this on,similar,but longer

here is one small brown

and one photo of that small stream