The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Re: River flies and streamers

madjoni, outstanding flies, I really like the sculpin patterns. I can think of a number of places where I would fish them for big browns this fall. I assume the lambskin is tanned, does it come cut in zonker strips?

Dan
Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
madjoni, outstanding flies, I really like the sculpin patterns. I can think of a number of places where I would fish them for big browns this fall. I assume the lambskin is tanned, does it come cut in zonker strips?

Dan
Thanks Dan
I used one 'blanket' for chairs and it can be cut in strips.
We dont have no single shop for FT materials so formula is :use what you can
I assume that some tanner easily can make this for you.

Last edited by madjoni; 09-15-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:42 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Two from today

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Thanks mr.Chris
Since you living in NZ(the 'wet dream' of trout fishing for us from Europe) here is one more sculpin that works great.....I only can imagine how it would work in Capitol for brownies
p.s. this smilie is only becose NZ is so faaaaaaaaar

Two tied hoks size 6...materials used :hair of small deer and feathers from small kind of Capercaillie that lives around here,well this one is not so much alive

Tetrastes bonasia L.....and under is lamb skin

They are Interesting looking game birds (like an over sized quail hen maby a grouse), we dont have many over here just ducks, geese, pheasants, chukor, pukeko. and partridge are very hard too find outside game bird farms but its is good sport, I have 12 or so various skins and wings drying from the season just been for tying with later.

the squril ones are similar too what we do with rabbit (the rabbit has exelent action)

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 09-16-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
, we dont have many over here just ducks, geese, pheasants, chukor, pukeko. and partridge are very hard too find outside game bird farms but its is good sport.....
Well,you have tons of trout
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Had missed this post...outstanding jobjust one little thing...I prefer BL hooks.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Had missed this post...outstanding jobjust one little thing...I prefer BL hooks.
Well,i am not against them but I feel lucky when i find any hooks at all

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I found one on bl hook,size 16,,,,,specialy for you that one above

Brown ant with moving butt

noreaster likes this.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Madjoni: That is a very beautiful ant pattern!
I know what you mean about NZ being too far, I think it is about a 15 hour flight from here!

Larry
Old 09-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Madjoni: That is a very beautiful ant pattern!
I know what you mean about NZ being too far, I think it is about a 15 hour flight from here!

Larry
Thanks
NZ from here? Days of flight
Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Thanks
NZ from here? Days of flight
Madjoni: Yikees! I thought I had it bad, 15 hours doesn't sound too bad now. I guess you could opt for a cruise. Take a look at this video of the Pacific Sun cruise ship caught in some high seas off Australia in 2008. That should get you modivated. LOL!

Larry