The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 07:19 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: River flies and streamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Madjoni: Yikees! I thought I had it bad, 15 hours doesn't sound too bad now. I guess you could opt for a cruise. Take a look at this video of the Pacific Sun cruise ship caught in some high seas off Australia in 2008. That should get you modivated. LOL!
YouTube - Footage of Pacific Sun Cruise Ship Caught in Storm

Larry
Motivated O no mister
i dont like ships and sailing
Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Thanks
NZ from here? Days of flight
From the Black Mountain, I think you'd go East by air; perhaps less time to OZ/NZ than you think (?)

Pocono
Old 09-16-2010, 08:23 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
From the Black Mountain, I think you'd go East by air; perhaps less time to OZ/NZ than you think (?)

Pocono
I will check that as soon as I win on lottery and after NZ,there is South and North America,Alaska and small cros over to Siberia

Just joking,I know one fellow that was in NZ,flight last 22-25 hours
Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Madjoni, that ant is a great looking fly...Any chance you'd post the recipe, or better yet a step by step?

Dan
Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
Madjoni, that ant is a great looking fly...Any chance you'd post the recipe, or better yet a step by step?

Dan
Thanks Dan...SBS is big problem to me
but recipe is simple,first you make that butt of ant.I used polyproilen like armatur(or console) and on that console simply with brown thread made roundish abdomen,ribbed with strip peacock quill and warnish .Another part of that ant is normal tying,with dubbing,CDC and tips from dun hackle as wings.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:09 AM

One small fish from todays messing with some yarn,flash,epoxi and wild bore hair

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wet

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

At second look this 'fish' looks more like some bird than fish...damn it It is better to stick with muddler minnows

Old 09-27-2010, 04:34 AM

Two from today

Old 09-27-2010, 06:26 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

The one with the badger hackle looks great it should fish well over here

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
The one with the badger hackle looks great it should fish well over here

Chris
And here...adlist I hope soo
Thanks Chris...i am in some inovation mood this days
What you think of this...poliprop yarn and deer?

Wet

Old 09-28-2010, 04:31 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Very nice, that polyprop yarn is suposed too sink well isnt it

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD