The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: River flies and streamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
, that polyprop yarn is suposed too sink well isnt it

Chris
Well,not exactly....polypropilen floats good and we used it a lot like wing materials but with some gink on....without gink it 'drinks' water

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Here is same material but for another purpose

:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'll bite. I've never seen anything like the pattern in that pic; really interesting. Does the fly sink to the level of the polyprop tip (is this a way to put a nymph just under the surface and keep it there?)

Nice tie! Very creative.

Pocono
Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Does the fly sink to the level of the polyprop tip (is this a way to put a nymph just under the surface and keep it there?)

Nice tie! Very creative.

Pocono
That is general idea
This kind of pattern is not something new....lot of people use monofil for ataching that sighter but i found that solution is not so good for moving water
Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the U.S they are generally called 'parasols', but I've never seen one with such a tall bumbershoot.milt.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Here in the U.S they are generally called 'parasols', but I've never seen one with such a tall bumbershoot.milt.
parasools , paratroopers and other sky diving and military terms
But I am more in some 'Navy' stuff this days....one huchen gave me headache ..so i made this 'submarine'

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 10-09-2010, 04:15 AM

I see noone notice my absence around here

I was on fishing trip for few days and you allready forgoten me
But,i am not to angry ....so here is one beauty ,caught on white streamer

Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 AM

Brand new series of may flies

Last edited by madjoni; 10-23-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Madjoni,

Very nice Mayfly patterns; I particularly like the way that you form your tails. And, nice Brown in your previous post!

Here's a tangential question: I'm going to the 2010 International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset, NJ over the weekend of Novermber 20/21 and I noticed that there will be a featured fly tyer from Montenegro at the meeting. His name is Safet Nikocevic. Do you know him?

Pocono
Old 10-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice flies Mladenyour"submarine" looks very much like what we call a"chabot"
Old 10-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Hi Madjoni,

Very nice Mayfly patterns; I particularly like the way that you form your tails. And, nice Brown in your previous post!

Here's a tangential question: I'm going to the 2010 International Fly Tying Symposium in Somerset, NJ over the weekend of Novermber 20/21 and I noticed that there will be a featured fly tyer from Montenegro at the meeting. His name is Safet Nikocevic. Do you know him?

Pocono
Thanks Pocono
never heard about that fellow SafetAre you sure that he is from Montenegro?Maybe he is montenegran but probably he does not lives here...

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Very nice flies Mladenyour"submarine" looks very much like what we call a"chabot"
Thanks matenice photo
We call this small fish the Pesh