The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:01 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: River flies and streamers

one from todays work

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Are you still fishing dry flies or is it getting colder there? Here it is all wet flies especially right now. I'm making another trip soon, the weather is still good.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Are you still fishing dry flies or is it getting colder there? Here it is all wet flies especially right now. I'm making another trip soon, the weather is still good.
I live on chalk river upper Zeta.....one can fish on dries all year long
But first snow fall yesterday on every mountain around my town
It is damn freezing last two days,temperature is about 10 degrees C and very strong North wind....brrrrrrrrrrrr

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Here is one photo of my home town river,Upper Zeta
There is always some dries

And here is photo of small stream,atribut to Zeta, where I learn to fly fish on my own
They both are sinking rivers.

You will be seeing more of this
Old 01-05-2011, 03:59 PM

One Woolly with ice-dub body that is pretty good at my rivers
Black hackle was not ribbed as usual at this patern,I used 3 hackles on 3 spots

Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mladen...that's a nice fly...but I fell in love with the small stream...it's a beauty
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

madjoni, really like the mayflies, and the beadhead bugger is intersting also...Looks like you have some very nice home waters...

Dan
Old 01-06-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Hey Mladen...that's a nice fly...but I fell in love with the small stream...it's a beauty
Thanks mate..I will put some photos of that stream in another thread

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronRiverDan View Post
madjoni, really like the mayflies, and the beadhead bugger is intersting also...Looks like you have some very nice home waters...

Dan
Thanks Dan
We do have fine waters,but no many fish
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

MadJoni, your river looks great, and I look foward to seing more. That fly you have posted looks similar to a NZ classic except ours has only 2 hackles and squrrel tail

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
MadJoni, your river looks great, and I look foward to seing more. That fly you have posted looks similar to a NZ classic except ours has only 2 hackles and squrrel tail

Chris
Thanks Chris
I dont know that NZ patern.To be honest I dont know realy much about NZ flies
I made this bugger long ago,when i didnt have good wire to rib the hackle and when you make him this way it can last for ever
Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Madjoni your flies are rocking...wow.