The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: River flies and streamers

Here is couple more photos of this dark yellow pupa

Click the image to open in full size.

futuramille likes this.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:52 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

And here is cream variant

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Joni,
I have not seen any bugs like that in my waters but I think you did another fine job on those.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
Hi Joni,
I have not seen any bugs like that in my waters but I think you did another fine job on those.
Hi mate
Well,you do have caddis flies ,dont you
caddis pupa is not exactly like i did,but it have messy appearance
I put contrast in colors of abdomen and torax cover because i like it......and same flies can be used as nymphs with some lead on
Old 02-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Very life-like, Madjoni. I like them both!

Pocono
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Very life-like, Madjoni. I like them both!

Pocono
Thanks mister
Life-like is general idea with making pupas...it got something like aureole around it when swims trough water
Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Hi mate
Well,you do have caddis flies ,dont you
Joni, Honestly I have not seen any caddis in the Southwest, but I may be missing something... still kinda new to this and all

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Joni,
Your slim bodied wet may flies are still my favorite
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Joni, Honestly I have not seen any caddis in the Southwest, but I may be missing something... still kinda new to this and all

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Joni,
Your slim bodied wet may flies are still my favorite
Where do you live?Or what river do you fish?

Caddis flies lives everywhere.....well,almost
Dont worry that you are new to sport.Soon,very soon you will know a lot.Just ask ....and ask more
Here on forum you have some very experienced gents,and ladies,and I think that they would gladly answer to you
p.s. dont ask me much,because you will take more time to translate my poor english that you need to learn something that you really need to know
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
Where do you live?Or what river do you fish?

Caddis flies lives everywhere.....well,almost
Dont worry that you are new to sport.Soon,very soon you will know a lot.Just ask ....and ask more
Here on forum you have some very experienced gents,and ladies,and I think that they would gladly answer to you
p.s. dont ask me much,because you will take more time to translate my poor english that you need to learn something that you really need to know
I live in the hot desert of Arizona and travel to mountain lakes or rivers in New Mexico & Colorado. I would guess we have caddis some where, just havent seen them yet. Your English is fine, your easier to understand than many of my UK friends
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I live in the hot desert of Arizona and travel to mountain lakes or rivers in New Mexico & Colorado. I would guess we have caddis some where, just havent seen them yet. Your English is fine, your easier to understand than many of my UK friends
Arizona....Apache land
You must have caddis flies there..in much bigger numbers then other species of river insects.
About English...well,that may have something to do with too many american movies I watchI learn it in school and had english as subject for 11 years,but dont understand much Scot and Irish variants