The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default River flies and streamers

Hi there
As some of you already know I come from another side of World,but patterns that we use here may be same as yours.......or not
We shall see
Be welcome to coment if you like them or not
I fish at rivers and streams and brown trout is my favorit species.I dont want to bore you with my bad English,so here is one sculpin,tied 15 minutes ago...

Lamb wool for body,some deer hair and couple soft feathers as fins

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

webrx, williamhj, lthrnk03 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: River flies and streamers

WOW!

I know that catches fish, beautiful fly crafting.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

madjoni: Now that is a fine looking sculpin! Is it articulated, it looks like it might be? Also, how did you do the dark areas on the tail section, is that with a black magic marker? Like Ard said, that would be a killer pattern here in the Rockies! Send me a dozen, LOL!

Larry
Old 09-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi madjoni,

That is a wonderful tie and you should be proud of your work. I have found that it doesn't make much difference where you are in the world the same or similar flies are used for the same fish.

Frank
Old 09-11-2010, 03:20 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice sculpin pattern! How do you tie in the second hook; the one at the tail?

Pocono
Old 09-11-2010, 03:26 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of

thanks guys

Larry....yes,i used pen,dark brown....dozen is 12? no problemos

Frank...i ll be proud when i get some fish to chase this sculpin
Another matter,a lot of american patterns are very good here......I ll post plenty of them in this thread
Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
thanks guys

Larry....yes,i used pen,dark brown....dozen is 12? no problemos

Frank...i ll be proud when i get some fish to chase this sculpin
Another matter,a lot of american patterns are very good here......I ll post plenty of them in this thread
Madjoni: I thought that is what you did, but wastn't sure, at any rate it sure gives your scuplin pattern a very nice look, congrats! Hope you catch a monster on that streamer!

Larry
Old 09-11-2010, 04:22 PM

Com on Larry...you making me
I was just playing with piece of lamb skin .......and had an idea......
last one I did from same materials was stiff and i like when it moves on its one...
here is the old one and for on this one i first cut the lamb skin and then glue it on hook

Old 09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Madjoni: I like it! Very cool looking design. I'm going to get some lamb skin and give it a try.

Larry
Old 09-11-2010, 05:24 PM

wovenstonefly has a spectacular aura aboutwovenstonefly has a spectacular aura about

That thing is sweet. I'll have to copy your pattern for this fall.