The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 AM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough
Default Grasshopper

A grasshopper pattern i made was a combination of the head of a joes hopper and the boddy of a daves hopper. I made it when i was getting frustrated when trying making a head on a daves hopper. I cant show you a picture because it exceeds the limit but ive caught rainbows on the blackfoot with it even a small bull trout.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Grasshopper

Hi Troutwhisperer,

You can post down in the body of a thread. So after the first post is made the requirements are not as stringent. So if it is not huge you can post it now in this thread.

You can also resize your photo and upload it to the NAFFF Gallery. Then you can insert it into a post.

I want to see that hopper.

Frank
Old 07-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

I posted The grasshopper patter in the gallery.

I checked after i posted it to make sure it got on their. It was there so you should be able to find it under newest pictures.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to all,

Here is the photo of troutwhisperer's Hopper.

Frank

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM

Frank

Thanks for posting it on here i couldn't figure out how to.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Hi Troutwhisperer,

Glad to help. I just went to the gallery and right clicked on the photo and copied it. Opened a post, right clicked and pasted the photo into the post.

Here is a FAQ about photo posting that may help you.

Frank
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

looks good man! makes me wanna try some seeing as tho i never spun deer hair before. looks like a good alternative

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Re: Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi to all,

Here is the photo of troutwhisperer's Hopper.

Frank

Click the image to open in full size.
That is a good looking fly from what I can tell. I want to make one like it, but need a clearer look at one. Do you have any more pics of it? It should go over real good now with the fish!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Hi to all,

Every one who ties should know how to spin deer hair. Here is a video that will save you a lot of trial and error.

Frank
Old 08-27-2008, 05:42 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

where is the spun hair? Body? the front looks like hackle
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..