The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midge fly

Trygve: Thanks, much appreciated!

Larry

Old 01-29-2012, 05:18 AM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

Larry this is the ended fly from the material list

Click the image to open in full size.
madjoni and noreaster like this.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:37 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

One never sink midge.
Materials - Antron- Black Moser Ghost Fibre - Latex - Isopor.

madjoni and noreaster like this.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Testing my eyes today .
One in size 30.

madjoni, jaybo41 and flyfishnbum like this.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello Trygve

The #30 is wonderful fine fly tying. How large a fish have you caught on your Midge flies? I have heard stories of big fish on tiny flies but seldom fish under 20 - 22 in my life. I am tying #4 flies that I owe in a swap today

Nice work,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I share the question with Ard, it'd be impressive to catch a fish of any size with that fly. I'd probably have trouble just getting the thing on my tippet...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Just tying them for fun. Never fish with them since they are to small to handle in my fishing. I think I will never get them on the tippet outside and I like to get the fish up very fast for my catch and release. Practical I rare use smaller tippet than 5X.

Trygve
Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM

One buzzer
Pocono, mcnerney, madjoni and 1 others like this.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 AM

One antron bubble midge.

Trygve
madjoni, jaybo41 and noreaster like this.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 PM

One with red flash in body and Moser nevefiber as a bubble

madjoni and jaybo41 like this.