The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 01:15 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default rainbow clouser!

broke out my tying gear! came up with this. wonder if a steelhead will man up to its reputation and eat one of its own kind??? haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV31138.JPG (81.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg SNV31140.JPG (81.0 KB, 24 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:31 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: rainbow clouser!

all of a sudden for some reason I can't view any pics that were uploaded using the site uploader?? anyone have this problem? only pics from photobucket and others that were linked show.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:15 PM

since the site uploader seems to be jacked up heres some photobucket pics.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi McFly,

You have really gotten the Clouser shape down. Nice tye.

Frank
Old 11-02-2008, 06:53 PM

thanks Frank! I even left the flash longer than the bucktail to get some extra movement!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi GeorgeMcFly,

I picked up on that as soon as I saw your tye.

Frank
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

great fly!! how do you manage to tame the hair? I did clouser but all the hairs are all flare out..
Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Really Nice! Bob Clouser has said more than once that most people use
too much material on this pattern, but ypu have just the right amount
Old 11-05-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBird View Post
great fly!! how do you manage to tame the hair? I did clouser but all the hairs are all flare out..
for the pic I just got my hand wet and wetted the back end some with some water to get the shape. lol
I have had mine flair out too sometimes when tying um. for the white or bottom part of the fly I tie it in like normal but wrap a couple wraps extra down the shank and then back up basically making a criss cross shape pattern to the thread. you can see it in the pic. that keeps that from flairing some. then flip over your hook and tie in the rest of the colors and flash in front of the eye but on the 1st few wraps don't pull the thread too tight or it will flair the bucktail. make like 3 wraps then give some decent pressuree to cinch it down and some more wrapps to secure it. if that makes any sense at all. kinda hard to explain I guess. just keep practicing it and you will get good at it. if ya screw it up just chop it down and reuse the hook. thats what I do.. once wet it should some out looking like a natural minnow shape. good luck.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM

caught 2 steelhead on these today but people say that one of fish might be a coho salmon? all I know if they destroy um! gotta love clousers!