The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 04:00 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default FFF Conclave Yellowstone

Well it has been a while since i was last on the forum,i managed to get over to Yellowstone for the FFF conclave at long last and boy it was an eventful trip.
From Belfast to Heathrow onto Chicago then to Bozeman where we stayed the night then early next day to yellowstone.
On arriving we went to the holiday Inn to meet our colleagues and met up with our old friends Mark Romero and Misako Ishimuri 2 off the best friends i have made in years. I managed to meet up with a buddy i last seen four years ago and i can only describe him as one of the greatest people i have ever met William Heckell,not only a brilliant fly dresser a true gentleman.
Well at the Conclave we did our workshops on another series of woven nymphs which we field tested on the Madison and the Firehole.What can i say i have never caught as many fish in my life,the black woven nymph outfished all the other patterns and we ended up supplying all the guys with these.
Here is a photo of the pattern
HOOK SIZE 16
THREAD BLACK 8/0
TAIL CLARET COCK PHEASANT
BODY BLACK AND SILVER UTC WIRE
WING CASE CLARET COCK PHEASANT WITH TINSEL TOP
LEGS CLARET COCK PHEASANT.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FFF Conclave Yellowstone

laurie: Very nice looking fly! I can imagine it would do very well on the Madison. Congrats.

Larry
Old 11-01-2010, 04:21 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice.

Kelly.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Nice. Thank you for sharing the pattern.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi laurie,

Thanks for the great looking pattern. We enjoy your post and hope to see them more often. Especially if you post good looking flies like this Black Woven Nymph. Does it have another name?

Frank
Old 11-02-2010, 06:01 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Congratulations. That IS an really nice looking woven fly. Belfast to Heathrow...

but ending up in Yellowstone... certainly worth earning all those frequent flier miles.

thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Hi JJ
Would be back there in a flash,Hi Frank the black nymph is also known as a Beatis nymph.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM

Default patterns

here is another pattern for the rivers
this is the woven caddis great pattern for up stream nymphing
hook kamasan no 12 buzzer
tail is flo orange
body is woven utc wire gold and chartreusse
thorax fiery dubbing
hackle hot orange partridge
head gold or silver bead bead

Old 11-18-2010, 08:12 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

hi Laurie
can you put bigger photo,please
Old 11-20-2010, 05:20 PM

here we go bigger photo