The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Low and Cold

Just when you think "I'd better switch to an indy" in the cold clear and low winter water, this will keep me trying to swing. Everything is tied with the idea that the fly will still retain some profile as it swims through faster sections and still look alive in the slow stuff.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Low and Cold

You are tying up a storm WT, nice work,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Really low water and waiting for a transfer case to come in, I have nothing but time on my hands! Getting a little stir crazy here hahah!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

4" of snow overnight here, I'm thinking on going to the Kenai tomorrow but weather is a big factor. I would tie flies but all boxes are full and they are laying all over the tying bench already. I have ran out of places to put them.

I have a bunch of hooks on order at a shop in town (Anchorage) size 6 & 8's for tying small wet flies. I do have an old clip box that holds 119 flies and it is not full. That is my winter tying project, one side has #7 clips and the other is #10's. There are 69 openings for #10 clips and about 25 for the #7 side. I'll be making old style wet fly soft hackle for this along with a bunch of mini Spey ties.

So....................I'm just waiting for hooks.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-02-2010, 09:27 PM

How was the last outting? I managed a few good days with better but not ideal flows. It seems the PA strays are fat this fall. But I hear you all my boxes are full my Jeep box is full and there are flies on just about every windowsill in this house! I can't wait to see some mini speys! The nymph crowd is having luck on #14 blackstones already so I might spin a few soft hackles in that fashion. Nothing fancy but with wire bodies to keep them low during the swing.