The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 11:28 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default egg sucking stone!

made this up tonight. basically its a 60 second stonefly pattern but the only difference is theres orange estaz for the thorax. trimmed to shape
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: egg sucking stone!

McFly

Nice work!

Larry
Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi McFly,

Good job on that tail. I have a heck of a time tying a tail like that and get it straight. I love the Prince Nymph but the wings and tail give me fits.

Frank
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM

jeffcertain is on a distinguished road

ohhhhh...so simple.

I like it. Seems like a great searcher pattern (well, what isn't).

http://flyfishingmidwest.com/
Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM

jeffcertain is on a distinguished road

For midwest steelhead that is....

http://flyfishingmidwest.com/
Old 12-08-2008, 05:28 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

thanks guys! Frank, I found that if you make a lil ball of thread or dubbing at the back of the hook its helps alot. just tie the biots in for the tail just ahead of the thread ball (the thread ball will help splay the biots more). I tried to make a size 14 one also and it looked ok until I whip finished it and went to trim the estaz some and caught a biot with the scissors and cut it clean off.. lets just say that one went into the junk pile lol. this one is a size 12. much easier to tie! I will make up a few more and maybe even get some pink and chartruese estaz also for some more of these and also some estaz eggs! would go see if they worked but the river is froze up!!!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.