The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Single Egg Blood Dot

made these pink single eggs up with a flame blood dot in about 5 mins and am gonna make some in chartruese and orange also. then I will make sucker spawn in the same colors and a few crystal meths. I am gonna try to get a steelie on a egg next time out. if there is a next time!!!
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single Egg Blood Dot

George, "Ill take mine over Medium on top of my Hashbrowns, Bacon & Sausage, French Toast, And a small bowl of Oatmeal on the side." Oh and don't forget my Coffee.

Sorry, the waters frozen. Looks like ours is gonna freeze soon.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-10-2008, 01:44 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

Hey Fysh how bout green eggs and ham?? maybe a olive for your martini? ya my river is crappy just waiting on some better temps and weather to clear it up.
made these chartreuse up a few mins later. I will make more tomorrow! I found out to not hitch or whip off at 1st just make 3 or 4 wraps and then cut the egg and if it sucks un wrap and redo then fishing when it looks good so you don't waste the hooks! btw these are size 10 egg/scud hooks

Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

But George, I do not like Green Eggs and Ham....

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-10-2008, 02:14 AM

haha!! thats funny right there! I need to make more!!! I got a few pink sucker spwn I tied and some crystal meth in white. I also have orange meth material whatever thats called. I have some white rabbit yarn whatever thats called also.. (sorry to late, too many beers!) oh ya its angora! ya thats right! anywho... ya... see ya guys tomorrow when I make more!

Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I've always had a hard time getting them to sink. Used to get this stuff called Seidells Sink, clear liquid with high specific gravity that took em down like lead. What do you use to get them to the fish?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:03 PM

try to use some split shots. thats what they use here. I am not a fan of split shots but it seems this is how the great lakes guys get there flies down in high flows. guess if you can't beat um.. join um....

Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM

peach with a orange dot. or as I like to call it peaches and cream! lol. was recommended this by another great lakes guy.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

That color(Peach) and Oregon Cheese are my 2 favorites, and I hear that Chartreuse is the color for early season spawning Browns on the South Fork, although I have not had the opportunity to test that hypothesis on the river yet.

I have never been good at trimming those little buggers, luckily I tie mine as more of a glob, or even a chunk of flesh(if the Kokanee are spawning).
So I guess what I'm saying about mine is "the uglier, the better".

Old 12-10-2008, 08:46 PM

when you search google images or something for a glo bug egg or sucker spawn fly it seems everyones patterns look totally different from each other. but they must still all catch fish if the people are posting um. might have to get some oregon cheese next time I hit the shop. I have all the colors for a clown egg but don't see how you could fit all those pieces of yarn on a hook. I might have to try it out!