The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: clownin around

ya joni thats basically the same recipe as this one. takes about 20 second to tie one. even with a blood dot. whats your favorite color combos to tie up?

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

ARGH! I hate to admit it, but I don't use eggs......till recently. Everyone swears by them and have for years, but I guess I wasn't patient enough with them or had great luck with something else. Again till recently...."I saw the light" They are killer at just the right time.
I like a pain orange, with red center or light pink (salmon) with the red center.
I think I need to do a race to see which is easier....the egg or the worm LOL
Old 12-15-2008, 07:40 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

what kinda worm? san juan? never tried one.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Yup! Red San Juan. Try them right after a storm or run off when the real things are tumblin' down.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:25 PM

I wonder if there are san juan worms in lake erie tribs... on my trib there are no trout except steel in the cold months and there really isn't hatches to match and all that so I wonder how it would work.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM

I would think there are little worms in every water, but I am not a biologist. Fish it deep with a floating line and "BB" split shot about 8 to 10" up.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 PM

ok thanks I don't have any red chenile now but will get some cause if anythign the worm would work better in warmer waters.. brown would prolly work great too.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM

Tan is real popular too.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 PM

thanks

Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Some of the guys and gals around here do whats called a snake and egg's. Its an easy dropper rig, tie a sanjuan worm on your tippet then tie about 14"-18" of tippet to the bend of the worm hook then an egg.
And about how good the egg can work, my post about the browns my son and I caught sunday, the first sevreal fish I caught on a apricot egg is size 14, 4 or 5 of 'em in a row.
Good fishin
Bear