The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default clownin around

made some clown eggs up out of my clown egg mclfy foam package. works great! these were made using the the light pink/peach/orange/lemon/fuschia colors of the package. I was upset tho with mustad hooks for the 1st time ever! I have some size 10 egg hooks and I am glad I noticed but half of them must not of been heat treated!! I could bend them like some copper wire!!! if I would of lost a steelie I would of been po'd! I am glad I got some more different ones coming from ebay asap.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:03 AM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: clownin around

Those look cute Mcfly!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

NICE! They got to work.....like a neon sign that reads "OPEN"
Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

thanks! I will let ya know if it works once the river gets better. wasa froze now its now but it rained so much the river is blown out. gotta love it!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

Those would work great right now in Utah. The fish are on the reds

John
Old 12-15-2008, 02:29 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Good looking flies man. It took me longer to get those eggs down then it did to learn to make deer hair bass bugs lol. Glad ya found those bad hooks before a fish did.
Bear
Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 PM

thanks guys. believe it or not I don't make my eggs like most recipes. this way is the easiest way I have ever seen. YouTube - How to tie a Glo Bug
now to make a clown egg just use this recipe. its basically the same but you add more colors. McFly Foam Egg

Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

I've always not tied any material below the shank for the same reason that is stated on your link.
John
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 PM

ya when I 1st tried to learn the recipe I saw had you put some yarn on the bottom just like you do on the top then cut both to make the round. this is way easier in my opinion.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Way back when I was a young lass, that was one of the first flies that I had an actual fly tying teacher show me ( but I had been tying for several years)
It was a scud hook, a small base of thread, then a 1" clump of Glow Bug Yarn. If you wanted a yoke, and a small bunch of a different color but still 1" long. Lay it on top of the large clump and place on the top of the hook. Cinch it down, then squish them together and tie in front and behind the clump. Dot of glue as close to each side of the clump. Trim and shape...worked great.