The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 12:35 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wet flies

You two have me sold! So, it's off to find some blue/purple tying materials.
Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:28 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

Blue/Purple......easier said than found.....at least at the local fly shop. Guess I'll head off to a bigger shop or go online.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

if your looking for blue or purple dubbing I think they got some here. very cheap too. 75 cents a pack! if you want wet fly dubbing try the hares web and antron mix. they have blue, black/blue/ black/purple. and also try Coarse & Wet Dubbing. they have some purple and blue for .75 cents a pack. can't lose here! even got ep fibers under the name congo hair for 1 dollar a pack!! cost 7 bux at the store. rubber legs? flash? all under $1.90!!! its 3 bux shipping on anythign under 25 bux. so get as much stuff as ya can afford and save a bundle!
http://www.flytyersdungeon.com/Materials/dubbing.htm

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:22 AM

Thanks MacFly; I'll get it from there. You saved me a bunch of running around.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:55 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

NP but while your at it I'd get more than just that!! that congo hair makes ep minnows and ep fiber is expensive! 5 to 7 bux for 1 color. 1 buck on here. rubber legs are like 5 bux at gander mountain.. so is flash. on here is a buck or 2. grab it up all together that way you don't pay more for your dubbing that you have to cause of the 3 bux shipping cost. at the store dubbings 3 bux or so for one color so take advantage of the deals! enjoy! this is my go to guy from now on! the stuff I got today was quality!! the mr peacock dubbing is sweet! might take a few days for delivery with x-mas coming up and all but well worth it trust me

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:09 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

No, no, no ... NOT blue or purple DUBBING! Silk, Man! Or Uni-stretch, or even floss, but not dubbing! It would make a fly way too thick. If your fly shop doesn't have the colors you want try the hobby stores or fabric stores. They'll have the silk floss; usually in a multi strand, that you'll need to separate down to a single strand. These flies are "dainty" but deadly!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 AM

O.K.- Got cha!; Silk floss..........off to the fabric store.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all

Attaboy!