The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 12:47 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default E.P Minnow Variation

made this today. didn't make it the way you make a original ep minnow. tried a different way but had to improvise at the last second cause I used red thread to simulate gills but I have a conehead on it and it ended up having a huge gapped head because of it at 1st but then I fixed it later when I got a brainstorm and tied of the red and switched to blackand added more fibers the original way . lol. . now I think it looks 100 percent better and think it actually came out ok. it was kind of a prototype since I couldn't wait any longer for the rest of my congo hair I just made a black/baby blue minnow with blue flashabou lateral lines heres a pic. the head was really jacked up at 1st but then I added some extra fibers to fix the head after the epoxy dried and cemented and refinished it. now I get the idea of this fiber. its very easy to work with! I didn't have mono thread yet so I just used black to match. I can make all kinds of minnows with this stuff! sweet!!!
ps. see the last picture? this is how crappy it looked before hand and the 1st 2 pix are what it looks like now. I will prolly make them the original way from now on and use my thinner thread instead of 210 denier so theres no huge gap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV31628.JPG (79.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SNV31626.JPG (81.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SNV31602.JPG (78.8 KB, 26 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:03 AM

boone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: E.P Minnow Variation

That does look really good! Probably about 90% of my flies end up being improvised by the end. Its all a part of learning for me.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:25 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

thanks! the thing was bugging me all day until I fixed it.lol. glad I figured out how to make it look better or else I would of cut it down and restarted it

Old 12-25-2008, 06:30 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

sweet looking fly. I think that ought to catch, trout, bass, hybrid stripers, even crappie
Bear
Old 12-25-2008, 10:20 PM

wish all those fish were around! all we got basically is bass, steelhead and gills. we got carp cats and suckers also but mostly hook into the top 3

Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

GMF,

I like that one!

Do you have Channel Cats? I used to catch Channels in the West Branch of the Susquehanna River on BIG Buggers at night. When you have a big one on you'll think you have a Steelie cept they don't jump, they do run hard though.

Caught Carp on both nymphs and dries there too and of course Bass. Big Carp on a 7wt. is a load too.

Fish On Dude,

Ardster
Old 12-26-2008, 07:00 PM

ya we got both channel cats and carp. have hooked both on a flyrod. pretty fun fight!! surprised channel cats eat prince nymphs and zug bugs too! thought they were kinda blind and used those feelers to feel around for food. guess I was wrong! lol