The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 PM

kerryssz is on a distinguished road
Default woolly bugger with a prop

these are killers for small mouth in streams. Olive colors work great. I didn't have a chance to try it for trout yet, but I think they would do pretty good.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: woolly bugger with a prop

Pistol Petes or around here they are called HUMMERS.
Nice ties there.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Yeap they are good for trout to, I first started useing them in roaring river, south MO. Watch it though some guys will give ya **** for useing them and say your cheating of some damn thing no kidding, for trout fishing that is
Bear
Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 PM

kerryssz is on a distinguished road

I don't think it's cheating. If that's cheating then using anything other than feathers and fur - like crystal flash, wire, beads, rubber tails, lead eyes,etc. is cheating.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:33 PM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough

Your flies look great!

I have caught alot of bass with a crawdad pattern that has a prop on the front of it!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

CAN WE TALK BEAD'S FOR EGGS.......No not cheating, but in my eyes ADAPTING!

WHO MAKES ALL THESE RULES! Fly fishing is suppose to be relaxing.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:36 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

LOL yes it is, and I DO NOT think spinners and beads for eggs or any of that is cheating, but there are those out there taht do, like useing dropper rigs or CZnymphing or mnay other NEW ideals and things.
I say unless your useing treble hooks to snag or dynamite go for it. The reason I said that is I actually had an older man give me greif for useing one of those oneday. Said I might as well be useing a mepps and a spinning rod I just grined and said i just might later.
Bear
Old 01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

They work here too. I haven't tied/fished any recently, but they will fool many a sunfish and white bass fished on the swing at the proper depth.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

I had most of my luck with smallies this year on a size 10 brown wooley bugger in the late summer. also clouser minnowsin red/white and olive/white I caught prolly 20 plus bass or so in 3 days of fishing and will be ready this year seeing as I figured this off late in the summer!

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:59 PM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
Yeap they are good for trout to, I first started useing them in roaring river, south MO. Watch it though some guys will give ya **** for useing them and say your cheating of some damn thing no kidding, for trout fishing that is
Bear
Bear,
I also fish Roaring River and I know in the fly shop the have a spinner that you can purchase to attach to a fly. But like you said, if you fish in the area that is "flies only" some people do speak out against them.

Where else but Roaring River can you take a box full of flies only for four fish!