The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default crystal meth

pink diamond braid and some chartruese flash for the tail. this is a good steelhead fly I hear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV31698.JPG (80.9 KB, 325 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:12 AM

wfosborn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: crystal meth

Hi George,

How about a new name for it? Naming it after one of the most destructive street drugs out there just seems inappropriate to me . . .

What size are you tying those on for Steelhead? I can't tell how big they are from the picture.

Hope they catch you a lot of fish!

--W
Old 01-01-2009, 01:19 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

ummmmm.... dude! thats the name of it! lol. I didn't pick it. haha.. whoever made the fly called it that. my guess on the name would be that the drug meth is addicting to people so maybe this is addicting to steelhead? plus its shiny like crystals? I don't really know just guessing? search crystal meth fly and you will see its actually a real fly from my great lakes region. thats what its called tho brother so it is what it is. these are size 10 scud hooks. 2x strong

Old 01-01-2009, 01:29 AM

Heh, I thought it was an original tie from you. Sorry 'bout that.

So since they've been around a while . . . Pink the most effective color? How's other thread colorings affect it?

Thanks,
--W
Old 01-01-2009, 01:33 AM

you can use pink, chartreuse, orange, or pearl diamond braid for steelhead.. most people use red thread maybe for the blood dot idea but you could you the same color thread as the fly if ya wanted I suppose. never tried this fly yet but can't wait! great for murky waters. its suppose to look like a sucker spawn but shinier. here is a recipe. I double the material tho so theres more loops cause I read to do that somewhere but for smaller hooks use this single loop idea or just double it and do the same thing.
YouTube - crystal meth

Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM

orange meth!! yum yum!!! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV31704.JPG (81.4 KB, 200 views)

Old 01-01-2009, 09:36 PM

I guess this is a very controversial fly! on another forums another guy screamed at me for naming this fly after the most destructive drug there is. problem is I didn't name the thing! this fly must be a great lakes exclusive? haha!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:34 AM

I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one? And here I felt kind bad just suggesting the idea, guess next time I just need to ! LOL

How's it look in green?

--W
Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 AM

you can make chartruese but I have yet to find that color at gander. I need to get it offline instead. seeing as I got x-mas money now sounds like a great time!