The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 06:03 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default full feather wing fly

here is one I tied from a tail that also has the sub for india crow I was using, the feather looked like it would make a fine wing, I didnt want to cover any ot the feather so instead of cheeks I used body vealings

Hook- #2
Tag- pink silk
Tip- silver foil, pink silk
Tail- gp crest with orange red tip, india crow sub
Butt- ostrich herl
Body- white silk over silver foil, under the white silk is a rib of pink silk
Rib- gold followed by the pink under rib, crossed by silver 3 turns to the body joint
Top vealing- JC nails
Under vealing- gp tippet
Body Joint- Ostrich herl
Front body- white rabbit
Front rib- the first rib reversed, the gold followed by ginger hackle
Wing- the tail feathers from each side of the tail of a rosella
Throat- ring neck over golden pheasant tail
Topping- gp crest
Head- yellow wool, and white silk

Click the image to open in full size.

it seems that when you modify the pic for storage (on Nafff gallery) that it looses a lot of detail as you could see the pink rib on the original photo

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: full feather wing fly

Nice tie, Chris!

I like the GP body veiling and the full feather Rosella wing. Also, great arch on the GP topping. Are you shaping your GP toppings before tying them in?

I think that the doubled throat works well with the wing.

Glad you found your photo gear!

Pocono
Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 PM

wovenstonefly has a spectacular aura aboutwovenstonefly has a spectacular aura about

That's cool
Old 11-18-2010, 04:50 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Thanks,

The tail is the natural shape, and far suprior to the top one (from diffrent crests), it is quite soft and has been shaped with a low power (15w) soldering iron while still cool enough too touch, which I somtimes do to take the the twist out of stubborn feathers if washing wont work

I crush the feather stem and bend it as normal with flat jaw plyers

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 11-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: Very nice work indeed!

Larry