The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Heres one for ya Ard

I looked at some salmon/steelhead patterns in a couple catalogs and came up with this one, I call it Bear's dead shrimp, think it woudl work ?
Bear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1667.jpg (86.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heres one for ya Ard

Bear: Looks to me to be a great looking fly, good work.

Larry
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Thank you
Bear
Old 02-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Bear,

Oh that would definitely work for salmon, the zinc eyes are a nice touch to get it down. Nice!

See how much fun it is tying the big colorful wets? You know, I tied a ton of Atlantic salmon flies before I ever went salmon fishing. The sad part was that by the time I had tied all the flies there was virtually no salmon fishing on the US east coast. I had to log thousands of miles just to cast to one.

So tie away man, sooner or later you'll need those Pacific salmon flies, it's the way it goes. One day you realize that you have all the gear and all the flies then all you need is air fare.

Ard
Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Thanks, I'm glad ya like it. It is pretty fun tying those big things, I'll have to play around with it for sure.
Bear
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Do I see a streamer swap in the future..............
Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
Do I see a streamer swap in the future..............
Could be, I have done one and in two others and enjoy them so much.
its great seeing other's flies.
In about teh first of March I'll start a streamer swap, that should give enough time after my knee surgery to be able to get around enough.
Bear
Old 02-02-2009, 07:01 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
Could be, I have done one and in two others and enjoy them so much.
its great seeing other's flies.
In about teh first of March I'll start a streamer swap, that should give enough time after my knee surgery to be able to get around enough.
Bear
Count me in