The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Used Nine Three

Fysh,

Here is the same Nine Three streamer that caught the char in the picture (your biggest fish on a fly) if you look close enough I think you can see it (this fly) in his mouth.

This one is straight fishing stock, the long head is added protection against the buck tail belly and or the wings being torn out by overzealous fish.
Attachment 1653click to enlarge;

Head: black
Hook: classic streamer hook, your choice
Body: silver tinsel
Throat / belly: sparse white buck tail
Wing: a pair of olive saddle hackle tied flat with a pair of black hackle tied
upright on top of the olive.

Cheek: Jungle Cock

Colors seem to matter sometimes, I have found this fly effective everywhere I've ever fished.

This is a brief albeit not through history of the fly;

Nine Three; first tied in the Upper Dam / Rangeley area I think around 1930. The original tier lashed the materials onto a hook and marched out on a dock, cast, and as the story goes landed a nine pound three ounce Landlocked salmon with the first cast. Thuss came the name, Nine Three.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nine Three0001.JPG (81.7 KB, 135 views)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Used Nine Three

Thanks Ard, I think I need a few of those in the 'Candy Box'.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-03-2009, 03:51 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

its cool to not only see what poeple fish, but also what they have caught on a fly and the storey behind the fly, and that is a pretty cool little streamer
Thanks
Bear
Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You guys are the greatest! Thank you for all of your generous comments, on all my threads.

Ard