The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default What else is there to do?

With my truck in the shop, rivers all blown out, and snow falling there ain't much else to do but burn up my tubing. I think I still have around 5' left!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What else is there to do?

Looks like all that rain in Shambala has got you tying some great looking stuff
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice WT,

It is -5 here right now so don't let the weather get you down. It has been unseasonably warm up until yesterday and I am hoping we stay cold. With little snow cover and -0 temps the rivers will freeze and that is necessary for winter travel here. I've been tying a few also but only once in a while.

Like you I've had some mechanical trouble. The Suzuki 700 Quad decided to give me a headache and this is my plow machine. I tracked it to a fairly benign source (fuel pump relay) but the part had to be ordered and may be here on Friday. I am just hoping the snow does not cut loose before I get the replacement. Right now we only have about 6" and the lane to the house is good but when it snows here all bets are off, it could be a dusting or we can get 2' or more in one shot.

So rest assured you are not alone but you'll be fishing in March and I wont see open water until May. Nice fly tying there,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-01-2010, 04:41 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Thanks fellas! I hear you there Ard, quads I can handle but this transfer case is beyond headaches!! First I was sent the wrong model then find out the company folded so I decided its best to let my Uncle's shop handle it and he told me today while pulling the old out they tore up the vacume lines. Two good things came out of all this, 1: the rivers will finally clear out and have a ton of Pa and Oh chrome in them and 2: I needed new vacume lines run anyway! So its a win win! -5!!! We're only down to 29 and have a mere dusting but this marks the begining of Lake Effect season but I love it.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:40 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nice looking tubes WT... Sucks about the truck...

Dan
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

WT, interested in tying up a half dozen for me? Wanna use them on trout this spring. I will pay you amigo
Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 PM

I could do that Okuma, no charge though man, shoot me a PM with your color preferences.