The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Anchor Demon; Cains River Style

This is a personal adaptation of the famous Cains River style of fly that I use in the Anchor River when fishing rainbow / steelhead trout.
Attachment 1738These flies are fished in the swift and the riffles, not in the pools where the chuck and duck people hang out. Two BB size shot serve to take it down but don't interfere with your ability to guide the drift.

Just for fun I thought I'd past a group from all these threads here;
Attachment 1739Western Doctor
Attachment 1740Squirrel
Attachment 1741Rail Bird
Attachment 1742Cains Golden Demon

If you would like the materials list / recipe for these patterns feel free to P.M. and I will send them to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Anchor Demon Cains River Style0001.jpg (86.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Western Doctor0001.jpg (58.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg The Squrille0001.jpg (60.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Rail Bird0001.jpg (69.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Gold demon0001.jpg (61.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 02-15-2009, 05:09 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anchor Demon; Cains River Style

Damn, those are some cool flies. How long does it take to ty those patterns?
Most of my trout and warmwater flies only take me a few minutes the deerhair and a couple others take me awhile.
Bear
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

those are some sick flies!! great job!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
Damn, those are some cool flies. How long does it take to ty those patterns?
Most of my trout and warmwater flies only take me a few minutes the deerhair and a couple others take me awhile.
Bear
Bear,

Thanks man, each step gets a spot of lacquer cement so they probably take about an hour each till you finish off the head. I am a little faster on dry flies but I tie Catskill style so I cement each step on my dries too. Takes time but they take a licken and keep on ticken, did I really say that?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

LOL yeah you said it
Bear
Old 02-15-2009, 07:35 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Nice flies.
For early season rainbows & landlocks I like the DR Oatman ( my adaptation) I used some imitation JC on this one & ended up throwing the rest of it out. It just don't look right......
The Yellow boy & the Yellow & gold also work well early season. For whatever reason they seem to like yellow. I've had the yellow boy just hanging downstream alongside a buddy fishing a grey ghost & it was 3-4 to 1 as we worked our way downstream. The grey ghost was & still is one of my favorite streamers but it got bumped a little lower on the list. Try these flies they're easy ties & are dynamite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dr Oatman.jpg (59.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Web yellow special.jpg (55.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg yellow & gold.jpg (98.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Nice Fishn50,

Teal on the wings?

Ard
Old 02-15-2009, 08:47 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Teal it is.. Great stuff , easy to use & gives a soft effect.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Those are some nice flies
Bear
Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Thanks Bear,

I'm going to make some for you as discussed. Hope the hind leg is healing well for you.

Ard