The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Feather Wing, More of The Same;

With a pile of purple feathers on my bench I figured I'd get creative............. I meant well when I started but got a little carried away when I started making a wing and the hook ended up a bit full. But then Big Fat flies are what I catch a bunch of fish on and this is Fat. Purple and black were good for me last year so I'll probably make up some more but I gotta quit load'n em up so much.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-01-2011, 10:29 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Feather Wing, More of The Same;

where can i buy one?!!lol

casey

ARFE
Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the colors. I'll bet it fishes well, but after all of that you almost hate to see a fish whack it.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 AM

Ian Mann 4 will become famous soon enough

Nice body and head work.

The JC nail is a nice touch.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nice body work Ard

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 01-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fly, Ard.

I like the colors and I'll bet the action in the water will be really good with the long hackle. I've always thought that the Spey and Dee patterns have a real on-the-water advantage; simply because they look so animated with the long, flowing hackle.

I would think that once cast, what you''ll see in the water will be the vertical wing with the hackle relatively tight to the body and moving as you stip in the fly. So, really not much bulk at all.

Pocono
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I bet you'll be lovin' that fly come runoff! I'm lovin' it right now!! I've notice, with my tubes, the bulkier head gives a fly way better action. A sparse collar the materials move in a snakelike up and down wiggle, with a bulky collar everything moves side to side and really swims. I bet your fly has killer movement really appearing alive as she swings!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

We will have to wait until May to find out what happens with this winters flies. I will make more purple and black / brown flies up because last years top producer in the early were the Santiam Spectrum and they were made full, not sparing the materials. The pattern and recipe for the Spectrum is on the Alaska steelhead & salmon threads. It is not an easy fly if you follow the originators tying instructions as I did but the fly was a killer when you swung it through the rivers. Because of this discovery I made more of them and made them all according to the recipe. You know the saying; 'If it isn't broke don't fix it', it worked well so I made no alterations. This thing I posted here is purely experimental but it has the right colors................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;